First day back to school for the kidlets, after an unexpected day off due to inclement weather yesterday. We enjoyed bundling up in blankets and hanging out for an extra day. 🙂
Today felt crazy busy all day. I made a curry for lunch (green curry, chicken, veggies – yum!), and little man was very insistent on the things he wanted to do all day. He’s going to be a mover and shaker, that’s for sure. He’s so smart and determined!
I can Improve #8: I really need to experiment with making more meals I crave. My curry isn’t as good as the Thai Curry I get back at my fav place in Crestview, but it’s on par with the couple of places I’ve found locally that do green curry. And I love to cook. COOK MORE GOOD RECIPES! Quit falling back on your comfort zone cooking!
New month, new focus for positive thinking. January will be about things I can do better. Some may overlap or repeat, depending on my day.
Today I made New Year’s Day soup: kale (leafy greens for folding money), black eyed pea (legumes for coin money), & potato soup. I seasoned it with garlic & onion & a ham hock. And served it with corn bread (gold). A not-so-traditional southern-style meal. I think it turned out fabulously, and daughter even said (reluctantly), “So I will admit, this is really good.”
Things I can improve, day #1:
I need to have more confidence in my recipe ideas. Once upon a time, I would have ignored the urge to make this meal and would have just eaten black eyed peas by myself.
Longest drive to Orlando, ever! Jeez. Bottleneck construction and cars overheating and breaking down left and right (not mine). The drive made me a bit agitated but I settled down with food in my stomach and hugs from loved ones.
1) We are going to Disney World! (By we I mean my daughter. Am not going into the park this time, but her grandparents bought her ticket.)
2) FAMILY TIME! Getting to see dad, (step) mom, (step) sister, brothers, SIL, niece, nephews, step grands, and various other family is just what we wanted to wrap up our Christmas.
3) A lovely evening strolling through downtown Disney.
Whew! What a day!
Early wakeup from dad so he could start work on more projects. I got a little work time in, too. Then headed into town to take daughter to her babysitting job and run errands. Then, I got to my sister’s house to celebrate Nacho’s first year of life.
1) Celebrating Nacho was the highlight. He had a blast getting to know everyone again, eating his smash cake, and opening presents.
2) Quite a bit was accomplished our at my house, project-wise.
3) Great conversation with dad about things I have done, he wants to do while he is here, and he wants me to do in the coming weeks and months.
Another exhausting but wonderful day!
Last day of school before winter break, last day of midterms, and first full day of family visit.
1) We enjoyed family time.
2) Started work on the house–getting projects done that I am not comfortable doing on my own.
3) Made Nacho’s smash cake using this recipe. Was delicious! We forgot to buy concentrated spoke juice, so I used apple juice and apple sauce for the icing (along w/cream cheese), and it turned out great. I just added a little of each and whipped with a fork until it was add thinned and creamy as I wanted.
Busy few days ahead!
Had a great day but suddenly felt awful all evening. Managed to get some errands run, but accomplished nothing at home. 😦
1) I figured out how to make my antenna work so I can watch a few stations live. Watching Buble’s Christmas special as I write this.
2) Finished another book (The Rosie Project, by Graeme Simsion) and returned two, on time, to the library.
3) Made daughter happy with turkey butternut squash chili for dinner.
Mondays are no longer my enemy, since III love my jobs so much!
1) I made a delicious creamy butternut squash roasted poblano soup, Mexi-style rice with a bit of butternut squash, and crisped up some of my frozen Carnitas from last week. My lunches this week are going to rock! The perfect bite above.
2) Received fantastic feedback from a client.
3) Found out I am closer to trying to expand my business than expected!